Barcelona's transfer business in this window was plentiful, but that's because they were buying players not just for this season, but for next.
After the transfer window slams shut on Monday night, they will not be permitted to buy any more players until January 2016.
FIFA have banned them from purchases in the next two transfer windows, which are January 2015 and summer 2015, because of infringements committed over signing young players.
Barcelona appealed against the ban, which allowed them to dig deep this summer and acquire several targets, but their plea was rejected.
They have now taken the matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, but if they don't get any luck there either, the ban stands.
Club president Josep Maria Bartomeu admitted on Sunday that the club were acting to set themselves up for the next two seasons.
When asked by Sport, in an exclusive interview, if the summer's business was conducted to reflect the ban, he said:
The arrival of Douglas reflects this. The technical staff believe that we have everything we need for the next two seasons. We have taken into account the completion of contracts and lines of succession. Barca B players and youth team players that can be sent to the first team. If nobody else is signed it is because we will use the youngsters.
Douglas, the club's most recent signing, was signed from Sao Paulo for €4 million, with €1.5 million in potential add-ons.
At first glance, Barcelona don't need him. Dani Alves is the first choice right back and Martin Montoya an adequate back-up.
But looking longer term, Alves' contract expires at the end of the season and as Barcelona cannot add a new player, Montoya will succeed him with Douglas becoming the back-up.
Barcelona have splashed cash this summer to cover for all positions.
They bought two goalkeepers, Claudio Bravo who is in his prime now, and Marc-Andre ter Stegen, who should be their stopper for years to come.
Centre-back has been a troublesome position for many years so Barcelona bought two, Thomas Vermaelen and Jeremy Mathieu.
It is almost as if they were unsure either was up to the job, so they bought both and hope that at least one of them turns out to be good.
Ivan Rakitic is a fine addition to the midfield, adding energy, strength and also an ability to shoot from distance.
Luis Suarez, meanwhile, speaks for himself. He is one of the finest forwards in world football and is security in case either Neymar or Lionel Messi run into injury problems.
While you can argue with some of the players that Barcelona have bought, it's impossible to say they have neglected any area this summer.
They are now ready to take on the next two seasons without adding more players to their squad.
And as Bartomeu said in that Sport interview, if the club needs more players, they will look to their youth team.
It's served them well so far, with Munir El Haddadi and Sandro Ramirez scoring in their first two La Liga fixtures.